Welcome to the official website of Strete in Devon, England, which is managed by Strete Parish Council. Strete is about a fifteen minute drive from Dartmouth. It is to be found on the high coastal ground at the eastern end of Slapton Sands. It's a good place to stay if you like exploring the local beaches and is also convenient for Kingsbridge, Totnes and Salcombe. Strete is situated on the South West Coastal Footpath and, with a variety of accommodation in the village, it is an ideal location to take a break in your journey. Take time to relax and enjoy the beautiful AONB surroundings.
TORCROSS SEA WALL EMERGENCY WORKS - NOVEMBER 2016
1. The Environment Agency is working to complete a repair to stabilise the existing flood defence in Torcross. The next phase of the Torcross project is the construction phase.
2. Works will commence with the installation of 12m long sheet piles approximately 650mm in front of the existing line of piles. A concrete capping beam will then be cast on top of these piles completing the structure.
3. Work will begin on Monday 7th November, Piling will start at the corner adjacent to the existing slipway and run from North to South, parallel to the existing structure. Contractors will operate an 11 days on / 3 days off shift pattern. Piling work relies on the tides and good weather. It’s possible they may work for a greater number of days if the weather is good.
4. Standard working hours will be 07:30-18:00. Piling works will extend beyond these depending on the low tide. With the earliest start being 06:00 and latest finish 22:00.
5. Piling will cause noise and vibration within permitted levels. Levels will be routinely monitored.
6. Contact for the works is Site Manager Andrew Pointon-Bell on 07734 577883